Benefits for all members
Our membership benefits are continually developing and being a part of our organisation is an investment in your own development. We can help you grow your practise, and we work on your behalf to encourage excellence in glass as a creative medium.
Current CGS membership benefits include:
Exhibition opportunities ‐ join world‐class online exhibitions to showcase the best of contemporary glass and submit to international exhibitions, often with discounted submission fees. We also hold online and gallery member‐only exhibitions
- Receive regular and one‐off discounts, plus other benefits from our partners ‐ such as Creative Glass (15%discount on materials), North Lands Creative Glass (10% discount to their annual conference), Biennale and the International Festival of Glass, exhibition organisers and other suppliers
- Your own personal webpage ‐ a platform to advertise yourself, promote your own selling pages and your association to CGS via a website that gets over 4000 hits per month. Every member also features in the randomly generated members’ spotlight on the homepage.
- Advertising opportunities to members and the public ‐ improve your profile and increase your sales for FREE via the magazine by submitting articles and notices, plus opportunities for paid advertisements.
- Members can also post to the noticeboard on website - for FREE, use this great facilitiy to promote your exhibitions workshops or events.
- Take part in promotional partnership opportunities- and Corporate Members can pay to feature in the corporate spotlight section of the website home page.
- Contact with other local artists through CGS Regional Hubs ‐ Building on the success of CGS' Northern group we are developing more regional hubs around the country which will offer members the opportunity to network and increase their own profile and sales locally.
- Regular news and updates -keeping you up to date with national and international glass related news, views, information and opportunities ‐ including a monthly enewsletter.
- Receive a quarterly, full colour magazine
- Personal development opportunities ‐ apply for mentorships, learn from and be inspired by leading glass artists, meet and network with colleagues through CGS Regional Hubs
- Specialist Information and advice – Receive reports from conferences, workshops and member exhibitions, gain access to our member’s only advice line and receive information about suppliers , specialist companies, commissions, and exhibiting opportunities.
- Earlybird Invitation to the CGS conference and discounted entrance fees ‐ which feature world renowned speakers and artists
- A proactive stake in the creative glass industry ‐ CGS is a charity and our members are the lifeblood of our organisation – together we are stronger and can strive harder for excellence in glass as a creative medium, develop a greater awareness of contemporary glass worldwide and build our industry into an even better community.
- Full voting rights ‐ giving you a voice among the best in creative contemporary glass and the opportunity to drive forward the issues that matter most in your industry. (Optional)
Additional benefits for students
- Concessions on membership, workshop and conference fees.
- A free membership for a student representative at individual college/university
Additional benefits for corporate and educational members
- Discounted rates on advertising in CGS publications and mail-shots to all members.
- Opportunity to advertise in the Corporate Spotlight section of the CGS website
- Opportunities to sponsor CGS events and join us in partnership activities
- NB: For joint membership you will receive two membership numbers and one copy of mailings.
- £55 full
- £35 senior or registered disabled
- £30 student
- £100 corporate and education institutions
But deduct £5 when paying by standing order and add £5 if overseas membership
To take advantage of promotional codes please pay by paypal.