Our vision and aims
Our vision is that all glass artists reach their artistic potential and that the public and collectors have the opportunity to give them the recognition and acclaim they deserve.
Our aims are to encourage experimentation, debate, refinement of skills and excellence at all levels. We achieve this by:
- Representing glass at an international level and giving glass a voice in the media and via the committee’s networks.
- Creating space for critical debates around contemporary glass.
- Providing encouragement and support to artists, promoting a glass art community and supporting a network of Regional Hubs.
- Publishing a full colour magazine, Glass Network and regular enewsletters.
- Providing context and opportunity for top, established artists to mingle with new and aspiring artists, and for collectors and the public to access glass artists.
- Forging links between all those involved with glass in an artistic, technological, manufacturing or support capacity.
- Providing business support, including discounts and supplier information.
- Delivering and promoting access to training and artistic opportunities.
- Our website, which features a member directory, online exhibition gallery, and a useful noticeboard.
- Organising conferences and exhibitions.
- Supporting emerging talent with subsidised membership fees for students and through the New Designers Contemporary Glass Society Associate Prize.