Access to and use of this site (www.cgs.org.uk) and related sites - provided by Contemporary Glass Society (CGS) subject to the following terms:
1. By using CGS sites you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of CGS sites. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use CGS sites.
2. CGS may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by CGS. Your continued use of CGS sites after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of CGS sites
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use CGS sites content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any CGS sites content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of CGS sites content requires the prior written permission of CGS.
4. You agree to use CGS sites only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of CGS sites. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within CGS sites.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. CGS sites' content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6.Under no circumstances will CGS be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of CGS sites regardless of the form of action.
7. The CGS does not warrant that functions contained in CGS sites content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that CGS sites or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Contributions to CGS sites
8. Where you are invited to submit any contribution to CGS sites (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant CGS a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public with respect to your contribution worldwide. If you do not want to grant to CGS the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to CGS sites.
9. Further to paragraph 8, by submitting your contribution to CGS sites, you:
9.1 warrant that your contribution;
9.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to CGS for all the purposes specified above;
9.1.2 is not defamatory; and
9.1.3 does not infringe any Privacy or other law; and
9.2 indemnify CGS against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by CGS as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
About your contributions
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users we may stop your ability to contribute material.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. No advertising
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
About the law
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in CGS sites. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in the CGS unedited sites are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of CGS.
If you fail to abide by these terms you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been removed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content to CGS sites, engage in any disruptive behaviour on CGS sites, and CGS considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, CGS may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant your email provider about the infringement/s.
IP addresses of online computers used by online contributors are recorded to help enforce these actions.
The CGS reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
10. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
11. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Contemporary Glass Society
c/o Broadfield House
Company registered in England no. 5062300
Registered address The White House, Ipswich Road, Dickleburgh, Diss, IP21 4NJ